Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ain't No Mountain High Enough ... Oregon




Over hill, over dale, today Izzy and I hit the trail. It's back to Montana to provide support while my sister undergoes surgery for breast cancer. Nicholai stayed home, though he didn't want to. I thought he could use a rest from travel and hiking at altitude.

I missed my Mr. Pickle on the trip. Izzy is fun, but she's a bit attention-deficit and a bling-wearing, girls-just-want-to-have-fun kind of dog. Nicholai makes a good travel partner. Not at all my fur-kid, he's my buddy. When I pull up to an out-of-the-way rest stop with him, I am not a woman alone, I'm a woman with a dark and handsome - and slightly dangerous - canine guy.

In spite of the fact that the trip was one I wouldn't choose, the day was lovely with the glory of nature shining everywhere, so beautiful, I couldn't help but crank up the Dixie Chicks and just be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment